I know that what we’re seeing is the first half of the third book, and I’m more and more afraid that there isn’t going to be quite as devastating a closing punch as there was in the last two seasons.
A brain-dump because tonight’s tv was too weird to think about rationally
Sunday night TV thoughts:
- I sure as hell hope this was Peter Dinklage’s Emmy submission episode because if so he’s got another award on lock.
- Oh, Daario.
- Please please please let Peter Dinklage play drunk on every episode of GoT for the rest of eternity.
- Poor Gendry and his poor, beautiful abs. (Also, eeeeeewwwwwww.)
- HBO’s very own CEO of Tits and Wine must have thrown a not-enough-boobs tantrum because uh, hey.
- WHAT WAS THE MAD MEN WRITERS ROOM SMOKING
- Special Emmy for Ken Cosgrove’s tap dance.
- Dawn’s face after Ken’s tap dance should be the new version of this gif:
- I have… no cogent words for the rest of that episode because what the hell. What. The Hell.
A gay man was gunned down in Greenwich Village early today by an armed bigot who hurled homophobic slurs at him — and claimed to be the Newtown, Conn. killer before the murder, police said today.
The 32-year-old Brooklyn victim, whose name has not been released, was walking with a pal on Sixth Avenue near West Eighth Street about midnight when they were approached by three Hispanic males, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said.
One man snarled homophobic slurs at the men and asked them if they were “gay wrestlers,” Kelly said.
The men continued moving and made a right onto West Eighth Street.
One of the Hispanic men left and the other two continued to follow the victim and another man.
Both the victim and another man with him were wearing tank tops, cutoff shorts and boots.
“Do you want to die here?” the shooter asked the victim.
He pulled out a .38-caliber revolver and shot him once in the cheek.
“It was a quickie. He shot him and he went straight to the ground,” said a bouncer at a nearby club. “Half his body was lying on the sidewalk and half was on the street.”
The man died shortly after at Beth Israel Hospital.
I am incredibly saddened by this story. This is the fourth hate crime committed against a gay man this month, the second just steps from Stonewall. There will be a candlelight vigil tonight in front of the Gray’s Papaya on 6th Ave and 8th St where the shooting took place. Please come if you can; reblog this even if you can’t make it. We should refuse to live in a place where we can’t walk down the street without being afraid of this happening to us. It’s disgusting and unbelievable.
This is completely disgusting, and nigh unthinkable in this city and in that neighborhood. What I find really remarkable, though, is that the NY Post thought it was worth noting what the victim and his friend were wearing. It smacks of sexual assault victim-blaming - what, did the fact that they were both wearing cut-off shorts mean they were asking for it? Come the fuck on.
What the WHAT
Jenny Holzer, Mom is my favorite Twitter account that is no longer updating.
Other great entries: